The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) has appointed 18 people - including prominent members of the business community - to the board of Enterprise Singapore with effect from April 1.
The new one-stop government agency, which aims to help Singapore companies scale up and go global, will be established on April 1 following the merger of Spring Singapore and International Enterprise Singapore.
Former civil service head Peter Ong Boon Kwee will be officially appointed chairman on the same date.
MTI's second permanent secretary, Png Cheong Boon, who used to head Spring and JTC Corporation, was named Enterprise Singapore's first chief executive last year. His appointment as CEO will also take effect on April 1.
Mr Png will concurrently be appointed to the board of the Economic Development Board (EDB).
These Enterprise Singapore board members are:
- Peter Ong, chairman, Enterprise Singapore
- Png Cheong Boon, chief executive officer, Enterprise Singapore
- Beh Swan Gin, chairman, Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Piyush Gupta, chief executive officer, DBS Group Holdings Ltd
- Vivek Kumar, assistant director-general, National Trades Union Congress
- Andrew Kwan, group managing director, Commonwealth Capital Group
- Jeanne Liew, principal and chief executive officer, Nanyang Polytechnic
- Lim Chow Kiat, chief executive officer, GIC
- Max Loh, managing partner, Asean and Singapore, Ernst & Young LLP
- Pierre Lorinet, non-executive director, Trafigura
- Low Ming Wah, executive director, president and chief operating officer, Micro-Mechanics (Holdings) Ltd
- Mohammed Nasser Bin Ismail, senior vice-president, head of Equity Capital Market (SMEs) and head of Capital Market Development, Singapore Exchange Limited
- Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara, deputy chief executive officer, Temasek International
- Viswanathan Shankar, chief executive officer, Gateway Partners
- Teo Siong Seng, chairman, Singapore Business Federation
- Eugene Wong, founder and managing director, Sirius Venture Capital
- Audrey Yap, co-founder and managing partner, Yusarn
- Renny Yeo, chairman, Singapore Accreditation Council
MTI said in a statement on Monday (March 19) that it would like to thank all members of the Spring and IE Singapore boards for their invaluable contributions, in particular Philip Yeo, the outgoing chairman of Spring, and Seah Moon Ming, the outgoing chairman of IE Singapore.
MTI permanent secretary Loh Khum Yean said: "Over the years, both Mr Philip Yeo and Mr Seah Moon Ming have played a key role in leading Spring and IE Singapore to provide strong enabling support for many Singapore companies to build up their capabilities and expand into international markets. I would like to express MTI's deep appreciation for their invaluable contributions."
Source: The Business Times © Singapore Press Holdings Limited. Reproduced with permission